Sang N. Dang
Partner / Shareholder
Office Direct: (714) 418-5811
Office Direct: (949) 625-4169
Fax No. 1: (714) 795-2995
Fax No. 2: (949) 954-5589
U.C. Irvine (B.S., Computer Science, 1986)
Loyola of Los Angeles School of Law (Juris Doctor, 1998)
|State Bar Admissions:
||State of California
|Calif. State Bar License No.:
|Admitted to practice
|--All State Courts of California (including Supreme Court of California)
--United States District Court (Central, Southern, Eastern and Northern)
--United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
||Registered patent attorney with U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Mr. Dang has successfully represented clients in large-scale intellectual property litigation matters, involving a diverse array of technologies, such as liquid crystal displays, computer peripheral devices, group collaboration software, scanning devices, memory, and core logic chipsets.
Being registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Mr. Dang has also prosecuted patents on behalf of Intel Corporation, Nortel Networks, Sun Microsystems, Siebel Systems, Silicon Engineering, and Maxim Semiconductor, among others, in a wide range of technologies including microprocessors, communication chips, communication devices, memory controllers, I/O controllers, and various video and audio based technologies. In addition, Mr. Dang has prepared numerous patent opinions providing infringement, validity, clearance, or design-around legal analysis.
Before becoming an attorney, Mr. Dang worked as a System Engineer at Xerox Corporation for nearly 13 years.
Mr. Dang received a Juris Doctor degree from Loyola of Los Angeles School of Law in 1998, and a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science from the University of California, Irvine in 1986. He is admitted to practice in California, all United States District Courts in California, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Mr. Dang reads, writes, and speaks fluent Vietnamese.
Representative litigation matters that Mr. Dang has handled include:
- LG Electronics, Inc. vs. Quanta Computer Inc. (N.D. Cal.) (notebook computers and components)
- Syscan, Inc. vs. Plustek Inc. (N.D. Cal.) (scanners)
- ATEN International Co., Ltd. vs. Emine Technology Co., Ltd. (N.D. Cal) (KVM)
- Sharp Corporation vs. AU Optronics Corporation (N.D. Cal.) (liquid crystal displays)
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. vs. Quanta Computer Inc. (N.D. Cal.) (notebook computers and components)
- AU Optronics Corporation vs. Sharp Corporation (N.J.) (MPEG processors)
- Sharp Corporation vs. AU Optronics Corporation (C.D. Cal.) (liquid crystal displays)
- AU Optronics Corporation vs. Sharp Corporation (E.D. Texas) (optics)
- Semiconductor Energy Laboratory vs. Acer Inc. (N.D. Cal.) (liquid crystal displays)
- Syscan, Inc. vs. Portable Peripheral Co., Ltd. (N.D. Cal.) (scanners)
- GTX Corporation vs. Kofax Image Products, Inc. (E.D. Texas) (image enhancement products)