Bryan L. Ngo
BLUE CAPITAL LAW FIRM, P.C.
650 Town Center Drive Suite 1530
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Office: (714) 418-5848
Fax: (714) 795-2995
|Years in Legal Practice:
||Approx. 18 yrs.
U.C. Berkeley (B.A., Economics, 1993)
U.C.L.A. School of Law (Juris Doctor, 1997)
|State Bar Admissions:
||State of California (1997)
|Calif. State Bar License No.:
|United States Tax Bar No.:
|Admitted to practice
|--All State Courts of California (including Supreme Court of California)
--United States District Court (Central, Northern, Eastern & Southern District of California)
--United States Bankruptcy Court (Central, Northern, Southern and Eastern District of California)
--United States Tax Court
Bryan L. Ngo is an attorney with a practice focused primarily on providing general legal counseling to corporations, partnerships, capital management firms and high-net worth individuals in regards to their corporate governance, corporate growth strategies, start-up venture financing, general real estate, asset-based and real estate-related financing, insolvency/reorganizational, tax planning and litigation matters.
As a former senior counsel associated with two of the largest international law firms in the world, Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP and Brobeck Phleger & Harrison LLP (now defunct), Mr. Ngo has represented clients in numerous areas that have included (but not limited to) asset-based and real estate-related financings, corporate restructuring, securing seed/start-up financings, implementation of risk management policies and insolvency/work out matters.
In addition, Mr. Ngo has represented various institutional banks in the origination of commercial loans intended for securitization and represented borrowers and lenders in various asset-based and real estate related financing transactions. Through and with the attorneys at his firms, Mr. Ngo had served as outside general counsel to a number of businesses on a wide variety of matters, stemming from corporate transactional, real estate, taxation and litigation issues.
During the Financial Crisis of 2007-2009, Mr. Ngo had served as corporate restructuring and bankruptcy counsel to numerous clients in all districts of California, due to the heightened demand for corporate and personal debt restructuring during such period. Mr. Ngo had successfully secured numerous plan confirmations in Chapter 13 bankruptcy case matters as well as having secured confirmations on a number of Chapter 11 Plans of Reorganization for various corporate and individual debtors.
In addition to Mr. Ngo's insolvency practice, he continues to represent a number of high net-worth individuals in trade financing matters, credit financings, international commodities transactions, as well as various real estate investors and developers in many aspects of real estate development, including acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, formation of joint ventures to develop real property, financing and construction contracts.
As a principal shareholder of Blue Capital Law Firm, Mr. Ngo continues to serve as outside general counsel to various businesses, whereby he advises various early stage companies on corporate governance, capital raising issues, litigation matters and overall strategic planning.
Mr. Ngo earned his Bachelor's Degree in economics from U.C. Berkeley (1993) and his Juris Doctor (JD) from the U.C.L.A. School of Law (1997). Mr. Ngo is admitted to practice law in the State of California, and he is able to practice before all State Courts of California and the United States District Courts in all four districts in California (Central District, Southern District, Eastern District and Northern District). He is also admitted to practice before all bankruptcy courts in all districts within the State of California.
Mr. Ngo can be reached directly at +1 714 418 5848 or via email: BNgo@bluecapitallaw.com.
Some of Mr. Ngo's past work has included the following:
- Represented the second largest land-owning family in Orange County, California in the
real estate development of a 7,000 home master-planned community development in
South Orange County, CA, which work also includes the acquisition, disposition and
leasing of real property and also the construction and development of strip malls and
other retail centers, sports park and senior housing during the period of 1999 to 2004.
- Represented a buyer/borrower in a successful $22M acquisition financing of a commercial building in the SF Bay Area, which included a due formation/authority/enforceability legal opinion and a non-consolidation opinion issued by Mr. Ngo's firm, Blue Capital Law Firm in connection with the $20M+ loan provided by Cantor Commercial Real Estate Lending, L.P.
- Represented a borrower in a $24.5M construction financing in connection with the construction and development of a 12.5 MW capacity solar power generation facility for one of the largest solar farm on airport real estate in North America. This financing deal also included a due formation/authority/enforceability legal opinion and a non-consolidation opinion issued by Mr. Ngo's firm, Blue Capital Law Firm in connection with the $24.5M loan.
- Represented two borrowers in a successful $26.75M re-financing (via a conduit loan) for a notable strip center in Napa, California.
- Represented a borrower in connection with a complex loan defeasance transaction.
- Represented a large Arizona-based technology company in regards to its large commercial loan restructuring with its institution lender.
- Represented both landlords and tenants in numerous commercial leasing matters.
- Represented numerous institutional lenders in multi-family apartment conduit / CMBS financings.
- Represented various real estate developer and owners in proceedings under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Represented creditors in connection with the filing of an involuntary bankruptcy and various other bankruptcy adversary proceedings for non-dischargeability.
- Represented a master real estate developer in the construction, development and financing of a full service 18-hole golf course (with banquet facilities) in South Orange County, California.
- Represented real estate clients in various lease disputes and related litigation matters.
- Represented shareholders in multiple business disputes and shareholder buy-outs.
- In regards to Mr. Ngo's Chapter 11 insolvency/bankruptcy practice and within the recent past, Mr. Ngo has been able to successfully secure plan confirmation for the following Chapter 11 cases:
In Re: Wagle Investments, LLC (8:10-bk-28204-TA): Mr. Ngo secured plan confirmation for this Chapter 11 SARE corporate case, in addition to being able to restructure and cram down the commercial mortgage on the one single real estate asset.
In Re: Kattash Medical Corporation (6:12-bk-22270-SC)—Mr. Ngo secured plan confirmation in this Chapter 11 reorganization of a medical business and was able to cram down the commercial mortgage of the medical condo unit to a more reasonable valuation that reflected market reality.
In Re: James E. Tuley and Susan B. Tuley (8:11-bk-13618-TA): Mr. Ngo was able to secure plan confirmation in this individual Chapter 11 case by way of cram down, notwithstanding that the case was being presided by an "absolute priority rule" judge. This individual case involved multiple single family residences with mortgages that were primarily underwater.
In Re: Mario Alberto Hernandez and Rebecca Castanon (2:12-bk-50192-VZ): Mr. Ngo secured plan confirmation for this individual Chapter 11 case and in connection therewith, he was able to restructure and cram down the mortgage loan on the debtors' investment/rental property.
In Re: George W. Zeber and Theresa Zeber (8:12-bk-23828-CB): Mr. Ngo secured plan confirmation for this individual Chapter 11 case and successfully restructured the mortgage loans on the debtors' investment/rental properties.